At Rogers were for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether youre a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Rogers Communications is seeking the talents of a seasoned construction and project management professional to leader our Corporate Real Estate (henceforth CRE) project management group. The ideal candidate has a broad range of project and program leadership experience including retail, workplace, building and critical infrastructure and media projects.
Reporting to the VP Corporate Real Estate, this position will lead a team of approximately 25 project and facility management staff with 7 direct reports. Team is comprised of employees of both Rogers CRE and Brookfield Global Integrated Services. Responsible for approximately $100M in capital projects and $3.5M of Opex spend annually.
This position will be located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
It is critical to the success of this role that the incumbent build strategic relationships with key leaders and drive long-term partnerships across Rogers while focusing on delivering predictable delivery outcomes.
Workplace Program to transform Rogers workplace effectively and efficiently, to foster collaboration, enable flexibility and agility, to attract and retain the best employees and to contribute to Rogers becoming one of the top Canadian employers of choice. Spend is approx. $35M per year.
BAU Capital Program including base building infrastructure replacements, critical infrastructure upgrades, energy conservation projects, portfolio optimization and workplace replacements projects. Spend is approx.. $20M per year.
Business Unit Capital Program Complete a wide range of business unit driven projects enabling them to meet business objectives. Projects include critical infrastructure, radio and tv stations, office projects. Annual spend varies significantly.
Retail Build Program responsible for the annual Rogers and Fido store and Kiosk build program plus implementation of a number of roll outs affecting multiple stores. The build program includes full execution of the Corporate store builds and oversight of Dealer store builds. Annual spend is $25M to $30M
Retail Facility Management maintain and perform demand work orders for the portfolio of Rogers and Fido stores. Annual spend is $3.5M
The incumbent will work with leaders in CRE including Transactions, Portfolio strategy, Lease Administration, Facility Management, Project Management, Workplace Transformation, Energy and Environment and with partners within the company including Finance, IT, HR, Procurement, Network, Media and the Consumer and Enterprise Business units.
- Partner with VP Real Estate to establish strategic plans and objectives for technical services
- Develop capital budgets for upcoming fiscal year within context of a 3 year capital plan and 10 year asset management plan
- Implement a new, disciplined asset management process to ensure as efficient use of capital dollars as possible
- Lead the Best-In-Class project management initiative to establish best and efficient processes and practices, to train and develop the project management team in order to provide excellent project management services as efficiently as possible.
- Be an inspirational leader, motivate staff and make the Rogers CRE project management team a workplace of choice
- Support of the Branded Retail Group within Consumer Business unit on their journey to become the best retailer in Canada.
- Provide expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of a wide variety of projects and programs across Canada.
- Key member of the Corporate Real Estate leadership team responsible for developing and implementing department strategy
- Provides meaningful support for CRE Portfolio Strategy and development of project feasibilities in support of business cases
- Develop and maintain exceptional working relationships with leaders from IT, HR, Procurement, Network, Media and the Consumer and Enterprise Business units,
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Significant project and program leadership experience in construction and project management most recently at a Director level or above.
- Executive level communication, influence, advocacy and negotiation skills in order to obtain approval for CRE initiatives
- Able to navigate within a large and complex organization
- Able to understand Project management role in context of organizational priorities and able to advocate for projects and programs which are in support of these goals and diplomatically discourage those that are not.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in fast paced, client centric organization,
- MBA with real estate specialization and a Bachelors Degree in a related field is preferred but consideration will be given to relevant experience in lieu.
- Proven organizational project management, leadership and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and relation-building skills and ability to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of an organization.
- A strategic thinker able to think beyond current structures to envision an optimal project management operating platform.
- Excellent communicator, written and orally, able to effectively develop, present, advocate and obtain endorsement for real estate business cases at the executive level.
- Strong teamwork competency to work with internal Rogers team members. Has the confidence to engage others and challenge and defend positions in a respectful way.
- Great influencer with demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Efficient and effective administrator with demonstrated skill in executing a variety of programs.
- Must be able to manage competing priorities and adapt to rapidly changing requirements in a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Financially proficient able to perform financial analysis and understand financial reporting, payments and accounting practices.
- Adheres to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity.
- Competitive drive to be number one and settle for nothing short.
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed. Proactively generates creative solutions; open to different approaches to resolve issues.
HOW YOU WORK
Simplify and innovate - Creates the culture for innovation to flourish
Take ownership of the what and the how - Creates strategies to instill customer loyalty
Equip people to succeed - Drives a high performance culture
Execute with discipline and pride - Sets the long-term strategic direction
Talk straight, build trust and over deliver - Fosters a culture of trust and collaboration
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 88852892 toronto