Requisition ID: 7396
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of the Small Companies Scrum Team, Small Business in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the scrum teams business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Champions the focus on Design Thinking and Agile Methodologies to develop an end to end, omni-channel onboarding & product fulfillment experience for Small Companies in Canada.
- Delivers outcomes that improve customer and employee experience and core business success metrics including new customer acquisition growth, engagement metrics and process efficiency gains.
- Leverages new technologies and innovation during development cycles to eliminate customer friction points.
- Plays the Product Owner role within an agile environment ensuring the Scrum team members and business stakeholders are fully equipped to contribute to maximizing business value & enhancing the customer experience.
- Prepares backlog items, ensuring sufficient depth and clarity of groomed stories/bug fixes are available at all times for consumption by Development teams.
- Actively contributes to the day-to-day operations of the Small Companies Lab ensuring alignment with business objectives and priorities.
- Focuses on ensuring backlog items are clearly articulated and well understood by developers and testers and removes obstacles and/or impediments to support effective sprint cycles.
- Contributes to building enterprise capabilities and expertise of Agile project management.
- Champions collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders and
- Effectively communicates product release contents and expected product capabilities/customer journey to appropriate stakeholders.
- Understand how the Banks risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Required in depth knowledge of Small Business systems and processes.
- Knowledge of GRM and Fraud Management requirements
- Bachelors degree / MBA preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Thorough understanding of Design Thinking and Agile methodologies
- Previous experience in a Product Ownership role is a significant asset
- Ability to identify strategic opportunities and measure performance
- Strong collaborator with proven ability to lead, influence and coordinate sometimes conflicting stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable within a dynamic business environment with ability to anticipate and react quickly to technological/market change
- Thorough knowledge of Agile & Design Thinking Methodologies
- Flexibility to work after hours and on weekends to support release schedules
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 86760502 toronto