The Oracle Data Cloud is expanding into Canada. We’re in the market for someone to scale our business exclusively in Canada, as our Country Manager. The CM will report into our US based Group Vice President, International Markets.
What is ODC? Other than being a complete mold-breaker at Oracle, it’s the sum of Datalogix, BlueKai, AddThis and Crosswire – all leading online purchase data and data tools providers. The ODC is unlike traditional Oracle because we don’t necessarily sell software and we definitely don’t sell hardware; so the traditional side of Oracle has very little to do with how ODC is run. That said, it’s critical that we hire someone with an understanding for how the purchase data and ad tech industry work as a whole.
How is ODC different than other acquired Oracle properties? We’ll, there is a lot to cover in that question, but how about the fact that our leadership is almost still exclusively from the list of companies who joined Oracle to form ODC and we’re extremely committed to maintaining our edge through the unique culture of modern ad-tech business that compose our team… and we’re winning, a lot, which helps keep our autonomy intact.
We expect our CM’s core focus to be building the overall ODC business in the region. Setting and achieving goals will be your primary performance metric.
Your range of duties will include identifying data supply and demand opportunities, building a pipeline, structuring partnerships, and negotiating deals to a successful close. Additionally, you’ll be expected to work cross-functionally with our supporting teams across the globe such as legal, product, and account management. You must have a willingness to travel and meet with prospective partners. Most of your time will be focused on the local market in Canada.
In addition, you will have a high degree of freedom to drive projects and will be encouraged to leverage your professional background, network and intellect to expand Oracle Data Cloud’s vision and execute upon that vision. Although there is a high level of support and interaction with ODC’s top performing team members across all departments, you must be a self-starter, proactive.
- · Set and achieve revenue goals for Canadian business, including hiring and managing quota-carrying senior sales reps
- · Identify, negotiate, and close new data provider and data platform partnerships
- · Have insight into ecosystem, trends, and future growth opportunities
- · Hire a world-class team to support your efforts
- · Develop structure and processes for ongoing partner management
- · Lead quarterly business reviews for all relevant partners
- · Lead various projects with cross-functional teams such as finance, analytics, engineering, and marketing
We believe our Country Manager should have a background similar to:
10+ years of experience in the digital media industry, either at a Publisher, Ad Network/DSP, Data/Analytics, or Digital Agency (you should have senior and mid-level contacts at all of these organization types in Canada)
- · Track record of hiring and managing high performance individuals
- · Track record of setting and achieving financial goals and business objectives, including starting new initiatives and seeing them through completion
- · History of negotiating and closing large partnerships and comfort in managing the contracts process
- · Able to work within a complex ecosystem and deal with ambiguity – you must be a self-starter and be able to navigate the US “home office” without frustration
- · Excellent communication and presentation skills
- · Ability to grasp new concepts, both business and technical
- · Desire to grow into a larger management role within the organization
- · MBA is a plus
Builds long term, strategic relationships with named and vertical business alliance partners.
Facilitates the development of strategic marketing and new business plans for all assigned partners to meet or exceed assigned business goals. Works with Partners to identify opportunities and create demand through lead generation activities and target account selling strategies. Actively track joint sales pipeline and meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets. Develop and maintain relationships with global counterparts to leverage corporate initiatives and to ensure adherence to Alliances and Channel standards. Monitor partners business results, making recommendations for improvements to increase penetration for the strategic partners. Establish rules of engagement and operational escalation procedures to quickly identify and resolve issues.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations important. Ability to hire and train new Alliance Consultants. Demonstrated track record developing and managing Global Partnerships and driving Partner account activity. Strong analytical, sales channel and marketing skills preferred with the ability to influence.
Click here for more info: https://oracle.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17000KD3&lang=en
• Post ID: 70719093 toronto