Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:49 AM
Requisition ID: 3442
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The role of Network Infrastructure Architect Specialist will allow you to have the opportunity to combine your technical ability, strategic thinking and provide detail:oriented execution in a fast:paced, dynamic environment. You will provide critical support, and act as a technical advisor performing research and providing guidance to PaaS (platform as a service) and public/private cloud projects as well as regularly perform reviews of technical standards making recommendations to ensure they continue to meet business and telecom industry requirements. You will join a new team with the purpose of transforming both development and operations. The team has a strong focus on being people first and promotes support and training on both an individual and a team level.
* Work on a hybrid cloud environment (public cloud and private cloud) and identify, analyze, and design traffic flows and various controls and appliances
* Analyze and design security solutions for applications and infrastructure, and provide expertise and consulting to internal clients
* Develop, recommend, document and gain support for Technical Standards to meet the telecommunications industry and business requirements of the business units (especially PAAS as platform and cloud teams), including producing and maintaining the technical standards documentation and ensuring the project implementation process complies with them. They are required to socialize and get agreement within the team and with other groups for new standards of small to medium complexity.
* Perform support activities required to maintain the departments operational objectives. In addition to carry a pager to respond to alerts this includes activities such as identify opportunities to cleanup legacy cabling/hardware/configurations to release capacity or enhance monitoring/performance.
* Perform a technical consultant and coordination role for externally driven projects, and actively be involved in the research, design, planning, development and/or evaluation of new network technologies to support customer and business objectives. On medium to large projects, accountable to design a solution. Assesses designs of team members to ensure the recommended design achieves the appropriate balance between cost, re:use, ongoing maintenance, operability and scalability.
: Assisting in the analysis of user requirements, taking into consideration interfaces with current Bank systems, hardware and software limitations etc.
: Assisting the user in developing their detailed requirements.
: Providing technical architectural designs solutions/reviews for technology initiatives including environments from Development, IST, UAT, Pre:Prod, Production and BCP. The designs must meet the functional and non:functional (performance, resiliency, etc) requirements.
: Providing investigative summary analysis and technical advice to management, peers and users.
* Manage complex or multiple projects requiring strong analytical skills. Thoroughly analyze technical problems and implement solutions by developing detailed work plans, scheduling resources, gaining approvals, and monitoring progress to meet required standards of the network department and business unit goals.
* Provide on call support to assist with problem resolution and ensure networks are operational according to documented user service level agreements.
* Provides advice and guidance to management with regards to future network trends. Identify and pursue opportunities to enhance expertise and knowledge and identify and address areas for personal development in order to provide a high level of management and technical advice and guidance. Provides technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all network staff.
• Location: Toronto
• Post ID: 85153463 toronto