Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:20 PM
Requisition ID: 8952
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Portfolio Office Resource Management, the Technology Program Manager (Program Manager) is accountable for delivering complex and high risk projects and/or portfolios of projects (programs), leading large cross:functional teams to ensure that the business needs and outcomes of the projects are satisfied and aligned with the organizations strategic objectives.
The Program Manager is expected to have extensive knowledge of the industry and should be recognized for business acumen by the business partners supported. The position requires expert understanding of technologies, project management and life cycle development methodologies, both Waterfall and Agile, as well as technical architectures pertaining to the area. The Program Manager will have excellent skills in relationship and general business management.
The Program Managers requires a high degree of mobility for both meeting attendance and frequent informal checking on progress and reality.
Priorities often shift with little warning, requiring fast, effective allocation of resources to meet the new priorities and meet deliverable commitments on the existing priorities.
1. Lead a team to determine organizational and financial feasibility of the project, including the completion of the business case as appropriate, as well as clean articulation of business outcomes.
2. Definition of the solution: This includes ensuring at the project outset:
* Balanced consideration of business, technical and application architectural standards and emerging solutions
* Articulation of the key project risks and risk:mitigation plan to ensure that the project is delivered with quality, on time and on budget
* Management of the delivery process, leading the development of a consolidated project plan with incorporates all business, technology and operational aspects of the project. Development of the project critical path such that priorities can be set and adjusted with awareness of the potential impact on quality, cost or timeliness.
3. Proactively identify key project issues with the sun potential to impact project objectives and lead the team in developing creative/alternative solutions to mitigate the risk and satisfactorily address the issues in a timely and cost:effective manner.
4. Negotiation and management of contractual obligations with third parties.
5. Expert team building skills to create and sustain highly motivated groups with diverse and multifunctional reporting units, including external parties that are most often not within the incumbents direct supervision. This includes maintaining the momentum of the project or program against the background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities.
6. Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the Business Sponsor, Information Technology and Solutions (IT and S) Sponsor, the Head, Project Management Office (PMO) or Executive Vice President (EVP), IT and S as required. Ensure the documentation and archiving of project activities, deliverables, tools and finders for use in future projects.
7. In the context of managing programs, the position requires:
* Identification and management of dependencies between individual projects in the program
* Identification and management of the overall critical path
* Sufficient understanding of the business environment in order to assess the impacts on multiple businesses and/or geographies, and establish project sequence and priority accordingly
* Understanding the technical environment in order to assess operational risk associated with various solution and implementation options.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
* 5:10 years of working experience in the financial serv
• Location: Toronto
• Post ID: 90178182 toronto