Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:29 PM
Requisition ID: 9366
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Leads and develops a team of Front End Collection Officers in the National Collection Centre in Canada, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered. Responsible to provide coaching, direct leadership and guidance to the Collections Officers, as it relates to collections, customer service, process and policy support and system functionality.
1. Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
2. Provide a best in class customer experience when dealing with business partner, customers, or team members by resolving customer matters; authorizing correspondence in a manner that reflects Bank policies and guidelines; and understanding the customers circumstances and matching appropriate solutions through sound knowledge of collection practices, policies and procedures.
3. Superior leadership and coaching to motivate and develop individual CSO performance on the service team by:
:Develop a team of high:performing, subject matter experts with sound problem resolution, developing their agents to be knowledgeable and confident agents focusing on first contact resolution and delivering solutions for our customers.
:Engaging in coaching as an ongoing observational activity with Collection Officers by providing relevant feedback and coaching during live call observations, side by side, group coaching and skill building
:Reviewing Collection Officers customer interactions including live calls, recorded calls, and service observations to identify coaching and development opportunities, common challenges within team and appropriate solutions.
:Conduct one:on:one coaching with Collections Officers to recognize success, help overcome obstacles and set focus thereby ensuring continued improvement of knowledge, efficiency and quality.
:Effectively managing direct and indirect reports of any performance and conduct concerns and working with HR and ER as required.
4. Recommending appropriate changes to policies, processes and procedures that will assist in maximizing the recovery of delinquent accounts, while improving productivity and efficiency of the unit;
5. Understand how the Banks risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day:to:day activities and decisions.
6. Recognizing and escalating any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities evidenced through customer interaction and/or payment verification directly to the Manager or Director, Front End Collections;
7. Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day:to:day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
8. Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information
:Completion of post:secondary education, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in management and collections of delinquent or overdue accounts in the financial services industry or experience collecting on delinquent accounts or 3:5 years working experience in collections is an asset.
:Branch working experience and bilingualism is considered and asset;
:Sound knowledge of
• Location: north york, Toronto
• Post ID: 90851057 toronto