Requisition ID: 8528
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
This position is expected to provide technical expertise in supporting Scotiabanks strategic initiatives by ensuring employee technologies are implemented, managed, maintained, supported and decommissioned effectively. The role offers opportunities to interact and collaborate with various teams in IT and lines of businesses to achieve resolution of incidents/problems as well as deliver services in a 24x7 production environment both in a project and operational capacity
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Works with internal and external groups to formulate, define, test and troubleshoot system configurations for end user computing systems within Scotiabank.
- Works with other internal technical IT groups to assess and certify new End User Computing (EUC) hardware and software.
- Performs root cause analysis to determine the true cause of technical issues relating to Scotiabanks EUC environment, including image management, software currency and workstation vulnerability.
- Works with various IT groups, project teams and vendors to develop appropriate technical solutions or remediation activities.
- Works with internal and external groups to effectively and efficiently manage workstation software distributions, configurations, currency and as well as managing workstation vulnerabilities.
- Develop technical test plans to ensure effective and successful technology implementations.
- Work with Business Analyst and Client to identify and document process changes that are required to support the new technical environment.
- Provide technical operations support for Scotiabanks EUC systems, including the preparation of technical and support documentation for the EUC systems.
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies:
- Expert knowledge in operating and supporting Windows Client Operating Systems in an AD environment
- Advanced knowledge and good experience with end user computing and system management tools such as SCCM
- Good understanding of Enterprise Desktop management practices and techniques
- Good understanding IT risks management practices
- Good understanding of ITIL framework
Education and Other Requirements:
The incumbent should have a good knowledge of Scotiabanks core business and a degree in computer science or a related designation with 2 years practical experience, but must have in depth knowledge of:
- IT standards, processes and operational practices.
- End user computing and system management tools such as SCCM.
- Desktop management practices and techniques.
- IT risks management practices.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 90433402 toronto