Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:08 PM
Requisition ID: 4096
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Credit Risk and Creditor Insurance Maintenance Team provide support for Credit Risk, Credit Applications, Creditor Insurance and Collections systems.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Senior Programmer Analyst (Senior Programmer) will work with the Programmer Analyst Advisory to ensure the smooth operation of those complex applications. This position also requires interacting with internal clients, testers, external vendors and technical persons in other departments.
The Senior Programmer will be required to provide on:call application support to both production and testing environments.
To join our team you must be energetic, results:oriented, proactive, demonstrate initiative, and have an eagerness to learn and thrive on challenges.
1) Analysis and triaging of production issues received via Service Now ticketing tool.
: Clear understanding of business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
: Tickets assigned to the batch application must be prioritized based on operational impact.
: Managing Customer expectations by providing estimated completion target dates.
2) For small enhancements: design, construction, testing, implementation and support of solutions that are delivered on time and within budget.
3) Interfaces with technical, operational and business client areas to resolve application, security and network/communication issues.
4) Documentation of technical design, estimates, system, test and implementation plans, processes and procedures.
5) Provide technical leadership and participate in the development of medium to complex systems, often involving emerging technologies, through implementation.
7) Liaise with external vendors and development partners in support of activities for all project phases (planning, requirements definition, design, development and testing).
8) Perform analysis of user requirements; prepare/review design documents and test plans; participate in development, testing and support activities.
9) Provide day:to:day support for assigned systems including after hours support on a rotational basis, and occasional onsite support of production implementations.
10) Provide technical training, and mentor team members, onsite and offshore contractors.
11) Participate and assist development staff in troubleshooting application system problems.
12) Maintain a diversified set of skills within the unit through continued education and by mentoring peers and team members.
13) Participate in the evaluation of estimates for small enhancements. Ability to lead tasks from start to finish, following through to ensure successful completion.
14) Looking at opportunities to offer long term solutions instead of short term that can translate into a potential increase of current workload.
15) First Time Right documentation/deployments.
: Ensure proper testing is identified, documented and conducted in order to avoid re:work.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Must possess at least 5 : 7 years of progressive technical working experience in developing and deploying complex technologies.
- Must be fluent in communication skills (verbal/written/presentation).
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills in order to build consensus, exercise diplomacy and obtain cooperation from strategic technology partners, other technology support groups, business users and management.
- Must possess IT and industry practices, as well as a detailed understanding of systems architecture, business systems analysis and application development (coding/debugging/testing).
- Must have technical working experience with the following technical currencies: Core and J2EE Java; XML; SQL queries on MS SQL Server/DB
• Location: Toronto
• Post ID: 90290927 toronto