Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 11:17 PM
Requisition ID: 5591
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Senior Mid:Tier Java Programmer Analyst
Investment Systems Technical Solutions supports the domestic Bank by providing information about investment products available to the bank. We support functional areas such as Retail Deposits and Scotia Asset Management. We are involved in a large number of projects each year ranging in complexity from low to high. We support a variety of technologies, mainly on the mid:tier.
Under the direction of a Project Leader Development, the Senior Mid:Tier Java Programmer Analyst (Senior Programmer Analyst) will be a part of Scotiabanks Investment Systems Technical Solutions team. The Senior Programmer Analyst will play a lead role in developing and supporting medium to complex applications and must be able to interact with various teams such as Clients, Development Partners, Vendors and Testing teams.
1. Participate as a team member in ongoing projects.
2. Provide technical expertise and participate in the development of medium to complex systems, often involving emerging technologies, through to implementation.
3. Liaise with external vendors and development partners in support of activities for all project phases (planning, requirements definition, design, development and testing).
4. Perform analysis of user requirements; prepare/review design documents and test plans; participate in development, testing and support activities.
5. Assist with creating project and system artifacts as required.
6. Provide day:to:day support for assigned systems including after:hours pager support on a rotational basis, and occasional onsite support of production implementations.
7. Provide technical training, and mentor junior team members, onsite and offshore contractors.
8. Participate and assist development staff in troubleshooting application system problems.
9. Maintain a diversified set of skills within the unit through continued education and by mentoring peers and team members.
10. Participate in the creation of cost estimates, project plans and status.
11. Evaluate production logs and System Service Requests of high complexity and identifies actions to be taken.
* Must have at least 6 years of progressive hands:on technical experience with full:cycle mid:tier system development.
* Must have demonstrated excellent system or technical analytical skills.
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong knowledge of:
: Rational Clearcase
: Apache Struts
: JSF (1.x : 2.x)
: Spring Framework
: SQL Statements/Queries
: Websphere Application Server (versions 7.x and up)
: UNIX Shell Scripting
* Disciplined in development methodology and software development technologies and concepts.
* Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic environment, both individually and within a team.
* Familiarity with investment interfaces from product:related applications (e.g., RPM Systems) would be a strong asset.
* Working knowledge/experience with batch application development is highly desirable.
Computer Science Diploma or Degree.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us
• Location: Toronto
• Post ID: 89252497 toronto