Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 9:23 PM
Requisition ID: 4395
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Integration Services Maintenance team is responsible for supporting online and batch integration solutions for a variety of business lines and systems along with branch client software.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Lead Programmer Analyst will support the implementation of infrastructure and applications to meet the needs of the organization and our business clients. To join our team you must be proactive, creative, demonstrate initiative, have an eagerness to learn and thrive on challenge.
This position will require rotational on:call support.
* Act as an expert technical resource for problem analysis and solution implementation.
* Support other development areas implementing integration solutions : provides technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all staff on all aspects of integration and integration tools.
* Able to work within tight deadlines, which may result in additional work hours to meet project deliverables.
* Keeps current on new technology.
* Deal effectively with external vendors, business partners, internal stakeholders and management
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
* Must have at least 5 years of technical working experience with Core Java, C++, XML and SQL queries.
* Must possess in:depth working knowledge of relational databases; SDLC methodology and Web Services.
* Must have excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills in order to effectively liaise between business users, project teams, external vendors and technical support teams.
* Technical working experience with UNIX shell scripting; change management and version control tools (e.g., Clearcase); developing Extraction, Transformation, Load (ETL) processes; batch job/process scheduling.
* Possess experience in writing/creating/updating technical documents.
The following skills are desirable:
* Experience with Big Data/Hadoop, Sqoop, Tidal, Python.
* Experience with an ESB Tool.
* Experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), Websphere, MQ, and Communication Networks.
* Experience with Rational Suite, Visio/Powerpoint/Excel; HPs Quality Centre and QuickTest Professional (QTP).
* Experience with event driven programming concepts.
* Exposure to Data Modelling and Data Architecture and Data Warehousing Application.
Bachelors degree in a technical field, such as computer science, computer engineering or related field is required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
• Location: Toronto
• Post ID: 90720827 toronto