Lead Java Programmer Analyst (Java, Web Services, UNIX, Database) - (scarborough, ontario)
Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:14 PM
Requisition ID: 4631
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Lead Java Programmer Analyst (Lead Java Programmer) is responsible for the effective analysis, design, development, implementation and support of a mission critical, web:based Customer Information System (CIS). This system is at the front end to the CIS data, hosted on both Mid:Tier and Mainframe.
The Lead Java Programmer will manage and participate 'hands:on' by analyzing System Service Requests (SSRs) or the root cause of the production problem. The Lead Java Programmer will work within a web:based object:oriented application development environment, and ensures software, programs and applications developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
Required to provide rotational production support during off:hours and weekends by carrying a mobile device.
1. Provide production and user acceptance testing support to assigned applications by:
- Identifying the root cause of the application /system problem;
- Evaluating production problem logs, System Service Requests (SSRs) and identifying problems and/or actions to be taken;
- Providing suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of medium to high complexity;
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems during standard working hours and assigned on:call hours;
- Monitoring the execution and health check as needed basis;
- Escalating and/or reporting system problems to management as per the documented escalation procedures.
2. Perform in full stack web application coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting and implementing of applications in collaboration with quality assurance.
3. Provide code change/review document to senior team members by conducting technical walkthrough session.
4. Ensure delivered work to meet Scotiabank code standard and business user's functional requirements.
5. Perform in full stack web application coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting and implementing of applications in collaboration with quality assurance.
6. Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, self:leaner on new technologies and maintain an understanding of the business and technology strategies.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Must have 4 to 6 years of hands on technical working experience with system analysis, design, development, debugging, testing, implementation and support in a production environment.
- Must possess good analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills in order to develop and support systems to meet user requirements.
- Must be responsible and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business problems in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills in order to deliver proposals, provide user support and interact with team members and other departments.
- Must have hands:on technical working experience / knowledge with Java EE, JSP/Servlets, Java Frameworks (Struts / Spring), JDBC and Junit.
- Must have working experience in the use of J2EE Design Patterns.
- Must have hands:on technical working experience with Java performance tuning.
- Must possess technical working experience with relational databases.
- Must possess technical working experience with complex SQL queries.
- Must have hands:on technical working experience in the UNIX operating environment; AIX and UNIX shell scripting.
- Must have technica
• Location: Toronto
• Post ID: 90850547 toronto