Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:29 PM
Requisition ID: 3876
Branch / Department:
Data and Transaction
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Scotiabank has begun the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of these areas is within Canadian Banking Technology, Transaction Delivery Services. Focus will be leading legacy modernization program to support the banks Digital Strategy.
- Responsible for managing the structure, policies, and operations of the organization and to recommend technical / business solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Direct a team of IT Managers and professionals responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of IT business solutions.
- Managing over 45 Mainframe applications. Some of the critical applications within this portfolio include: Mobile, Online, ABM's, Branch Banking applications.
- Experience with platform, technologies and architecture and also have operational knowledge to support these applications.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships, contracts and system maintenance.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Planning and directing application/technology projects and ongoing support
- Managing direct reports and technical teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Provide counseling and coaching
- Develops departmental capability to exploit technology and develop expertise to meet future business requirements
- Ensure succession planning for all critical positions
- Partnering with stakeholders/teams to translate business strategies/requirements and identify appropriate solutions to deliver on objectives
- Manage the budget processes and quality improvement activities
- Interprets, applies and monitors return on parameters and performance indicators for all new initiatives supported by the area
- Implement continuous improvement process for production issues to ensure the effective and timely resolution of problems and knowledge transfer
- Meet scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner
- 7:10 years of IT and business/industry work experience
- Systems knowledge and experience, existing and new technologies
- Business knowledge and experience of understanding vision, financial objectives, how business functions and core processes interact and the strategic importance of projects,
- Process knowledge and experience in scheduling, resource allocation, risk management and systems design.
- Experienced in project management of highly complex technology projects
- Leading Mainframe Agile Development teams, using both Scrum and Kanban framework
- Experienced in managing offshore resources
- In:depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software projects and programs.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
• Location: Toronto
• Post ID: 90177887 toronto