Requisition ID: 10186
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of the Market Data Services Group / GBM, based in Canada with global scope, ensuring specific individual goals and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the teams business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Perform end-user permissioning and changes for key vendors and data providers for global sites, inclusive of Bloomberg, Factset, Moodys and Thomson Reuters
- Diligently update/maintain the firms market data inventory management system (FITS)
- Provide accurate monthly/quarterly reporting as required to data providers
- Liaise with lines of business globally to help define and formalize approval processes, provide ad hoc/recurring reporting and analysis
- Resolve end-user issues with vendor services in a timely fashion working with internal teams
- Analyze invoices from vendors for reconciliations and investigate discrepancies
- Define and maintain cost allocations for users and departments consuming market data and associated delivery platforms
- Utilize analytical skill sets to determine and explore cost saving initiatives, optimize current processes, and assess solution impacts
- Participate in ad hoc projects such as audits, contract renewals, and efficiency consolidations as needed
- Design procedures for processes and business continuity for market data vendors covered
- Responsible for MDS Team office management including office supplies and serve and facilities liaison
- Understand how the Banks risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Ability to work in dynamic internal team and group environments further team objectives
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of financial markets, principles, analysis, and market data
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Excel, MS Word, report design, and data visualization (graphs/charts)
- Solid analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail, and applies a results oriented approach
- Strong contracts administration and/or vendor management experience
- Effective time management skills with the ability to concurrently manage multiple projects with different deadlines
- Bachelors Degree preferred (in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, or other related discipline)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 90838877 toronto