Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 11:08 PM
Requisition ID: 2187
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job
The Application Processing Coordinator Intermediate, Production Scheduling, is responsible for the consistent delivery of critical batch scheduling services processed on the mainframes,
various alternate platforms on a 7 X 24 basis including processing for various Caribbean countries.
This challenge is met on a continuous basis by providing batch
support and participating in multi:department recovery scenarios.
After hours and weekend support for Data Security and Change Services responsibilities is discharged to this area,
as staff coverage is available on a continuous basis.
1. Consistently meet/exceed User expectations for delivery of critical Domestic and International, Corporate and Executive Office availabiltty for production batch and online processing through first line technical support activities. This includes, but is not limited to assisting in recovery and providing first line support fo all batch processing failures, participating in mult:department problem recovery task forces and performing problem documentation to prevent recurrences.
2. Operate/monitor various scheduling tool/systems according to documented procedures. This includes performing manual scheduling and jcl updates as requested, identifying job failures and scheduling abnormalities and taking corrective action to resolve.
3. Safeguard all production data in regular and recovery situations. Contribute to the accuracy and integrity of Financial Applications by ensuring all auto balancing routines are properly completed and escalating all out of balance situations to Senior Management.
4. Perform Data Security and Application Change Management functions outside of normal business hours.
MVS and JCL knowledge.
Knowledge of CA7 and WCC Autosys scheduling systems
Experience with AS400, AIX, TIivoli, Concentre from an operations perspective an asset
Familiiar with Aldon , Sysinfo, Service Now
Knowledge of the Banks Batch processing Domestic and International
Strong PC skills.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
• Location: Toronto
• Post ID: 89252562 toronto