Job Type:Temporary Contract
Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
External Posting Description
The role of the Paraprofessional is to provide senior-level administrative support, typically for three to five Partners. The individual is expected to work alongside their Partners to proactively support the management of the Partners practices. The Paraprofessional must be detail oriented, anticipatory, organized and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment while managing confidential information.
The Paraprofessional possesses a practical body of knowledge that is applied in the delivery of practice support and market development. This support includes tracking, driving and coordinating end-to-end client deliverables and marketplace activities. Direct administrative support for the Partners includes drafting correspondence, email and calendar management, expense reporting, travel arrangements and reporting using the firms resources/software.
***Please note that the anticipated duration for this role is 4 months.
A Paraprofessional provides an elevated level of administrative support according to the needs of the specific Partners assigned. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following primary duties:
- Represent the Partner in a professional and confident manner, in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally
- Proactively manage the Partner's schedule with respect to client events and business-related activities, with minimal input and direction
- Handle work-related matters on behalf of and alongside the Partner, some of which are highly confidential in nature
- Proactively drive the client life cycle with primary responsibility for meeting client deadlines with quality deliverables
- Anticipate business and client service needs, demonstrating resourcefulness and critical thinking
- Develop business acumen in order to anticipate internal and external client needs (e.g., independently anticipate the next step in a process, prompt the client, be resourceful and one step ahead)
- Actively develop knowledge of our external clients (i.e., market intelligence) in order to enable high-quality client deliverables and focus on proactively enhancing service excellence
- Identify opportunities to be a brand ambassador by building strong relationships with the Partners external clients, marketing and account support teams, so that access to clients can be expedited via these positive relationships
- Work collaboratively, leveraging appropriate firm resources (e.g., One Team and other shared services) to manage, own and minimize administrative tasks for the Partner
- Coordinate, support and contribute to a variety of special projects for the Partner and/or service line
- Coordinate and attend internal/external meetings as requested to document action items for independent follow up <li>Support the agile workplace including location and reservation of appropriate space and other required resources
- Flexibility and accessibility after hours is a requirement
External Posting Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting multiple executives in a professional, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional commitment to client service and continuous improvement
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information; diplomacy, conciliation and discretion are all vital in this role
- Demonstrated aptitude to prioritize tasks based on comparative importance and urgency
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective decision-making ability
- Confident communication and active listening skills are critical
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for continuous learning relevant to the role
- Flexibility to work overtime, if required
- Advanced-level knowledge of common industry software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, as well as Deloitte-resident packages such as Aderant and CRM
- Fluency in French or Spanish would be an asset
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate must be computer savvy and will be asked to become proficient with various software applications specific to the needs of the service and region such as:
- Client/Mandate activation
- Resource tracking and utilization support
- Compliance document tracking
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
Were always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people withunlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloittes newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, youll always be part of the Deloitte community.
Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. Its all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canadas leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada.At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of todays local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both todays and tomorrows challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodationwill be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 89304217 toronto