Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2017 6:53 PM
Requisition ID: 1319
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canadas most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace(r), in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work(r) Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canadas international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full:service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing whats right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice : one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a can:do attitude.
ScotiaMcLeod is currently seeking an Investment Associate.
The Investment Associate is licensed as a Registered Representative. Their primary purpose is to work closely with an advisor in the development and management of the advisors book of business by providing effective client service, and contributing to business development and sales related activities.
Generate sales or revenue by:
* Identifying new business opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue
* Having targeted revenue levels
* Utilizing an in:depth knowledge of products and services to identify new opportunities
* Ensuring the suitability of client recommendations, and that they are in line with the clients financial goals, objectives and risk levels
* Maintaining a good understanding of client profiles and that the Advisors investment strategy being used to implement client objectives
* Managing the execution of transactions on behalf of the Advisor
* Ensuring non:solicited trades meet the client risk tolerance
Ensure a high level of client service by:
* Preparing, analyzing, and presenting reports and recommendations to clients
* Developing financial plans, independently or with the Advisor
* Working with the Advisor to develop and distribute client communication and marketing pieces
* Providing recommendations to Advisor for improvement of team business processes
Coordination and execution of business development by:
* Assisting the Advisor in development, preparation and presentation of annual bus
• Location: Toronto
• Post ID: 89348712 toronto