Requisition ID: 9360
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
You will strategically lead, manage and oversee the Team Leads, providing direct leadership, coaching, direction, expertise and guidance ensuring they are successful in developing customer-focused, high performing teams that provide excellent day-to-day customer service focused on the reduction of delinquency and the mitigation of losses pertaining to the Banks Retail portfolio.
1. Leads and drives a best in class customer experience when dealing with business partner, customers, or team members by resolving customer matters; authorizing correspondence in a manner that reflects Bank policies and guidelines; and understanding the customers circumstances and matching appropriate solutions through sound knowledge of collection practices, policies and procedures.
2. Superior leadership and coaching to motivate and develop individual Team Lead performance by:
- Develop a team of high-performing, subject matter experts with sound problem resolution, developing their agents to be knowledgeable and confident agents focusing on first contact resolution and delivering solutions for our customers.
- Analysis of reporting of results for the teams performance including identifying coaching opportunities
- Conduct one-on-one coaching with Team Leads to recognize success, help overcome obstacles and set focus thereby ensuring continued improvement of knowledge, leadership and quality
- Effectively managing direct and indirect reports of any performance and conduct concerns and working with HR and ER as required
- Ensuring direct and indirect reports are aware of business changes, key projects, corporate goals, and the Canadian Banking Strategy. In addition, any ongoing critical changes affecting customers and employees, in order to improve the day to day efficiency of the Centre as well as customer service overall
- Developing direct and indirect reports to accomplish strategic growth objectives; works with management to recruit, select and hire the talent needed to meet the departments goals;
3. Supports business plans, and business objectives for the department by:
- Establishing metrics for the department(s) along with the Director, ensuring all team members clearly understand the metrics, and what is expected of them;
- Ensuring that all targets are met or exceeded, by him/herself, Team Leads and Collections Officers
- Managing the implementation of new initiatives for the National Collection Centre, as assigned.
- Acting as a change agent, leading, motivating and supporting the team through changes, modeling behavior and ensuring the Team Leads are prepared to support their teams through change.
4. Recommending appropriate changes to policies, processes and procedures that will assist in maximizing the recovery of delinquent accounts, while improving productivity and efficiency of the unit.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Completion of post-secondary education is preferred, with minimum 3-5 years of supervisory experience in the management and collection of delinquent or overdue accounts in the financial services industry or experience collecting on delinquent accounts. Branch working experience and bilingualism is considered an asset ;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 89442047 toronto