Requisition ID: 7392
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
The incumbent is responsible for the resolution of complex, multi-dimensional business problems for Global Funding area. This includes conducting business analysis activities, managing small projects, participating in and/or managing specific sections of large projects, and providing ongoing WSS support to users in Group Treasury, Global Business Markets, Global Wholesale Operations, International Banking, Finance, Regulatory, Compliance and other various stakeholders in Scotiabank.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of Group Treasury - Funding, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
- Manage multiple small projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning, securing, and scheduling resources, soliciting and defining business requirements and processes, preparing business case proposals, developing testing, conversion, and implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, managing vendor relationship and deliverables, monitoring progress against planned objectives, reviewing financial, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
- Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Provide business support to Group Treasury - Funding team, including ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and designing and implementing systems enhancements. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the business strategies and policies, onboarding practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the user groups.
- Assist the RMIT Funding manager(s) by providing guidance and supervision of junior staff, providing backup support to the project manager(s), and assisting with the development of detailed project plans and monitoring of progress against planned objectives
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies:
- Expert knowledge of Money Market products or other Group Treasury functions and processes
- Knowledge of Wall Street System
- Strong analytical and design skiils
- Expert knoweledgein capturing business requirements, business processes and other BA and testing artifacts,
- Solid knowledge of different software delivery lifecycles
- Customer service oriented
Education and Other Requirements:
A recognized under-graduate degree in business, IT/Computers, mathematics or a related discipline, along with 5-8 years of practical experience is required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 88394297 toronto