|Number of positions:||1.0|
|Town/City:||Toronto, Ontario (CA-ON)|
|Business Unit:||NTW OPRTNS|
|Duration of rotation:|
- Provide administrative and support services for the Director of System Planning.
- Provide administrative and support services relative to communications, and records management and report preparation.
- Contribute towards the effective achievement of the business goals and strategies of System Planning.
- Ability to work independently at times as well as in a team environment.
- Manage and be responsible for the provision of administrative and support services relative to communications and records management.
- Prepare routine correspondence and submissions, including reports, forms, memos, including labour relations and other information to be processed.
- Compose routine and non-routine correspondence for supervisor's signature.
- Prepare reports, using submissions provided from direct reports.
- Perform computerized office systems for tracking internal and external correspondence and action items for supervisor.
- Prepare and process confidential material, as required.
- Arrange meetings with internal staff, senior management, external groups and government, as required.
- Arrange various activities and projects such as business planning, budget preparation, performance measurement and reporting, etc.
- Coordinate and be responsible for all domestic and overseas travel, transportation and accommodation arrangements, including personal itinerary, cash advances, provision of foreign currency, etc.
- Assist the supervisor in scheduling priorities, work projects, target dates, meetings and new or pending assignments.
- Schedule appointments and travel requirements.
- Handle requests for meetings, speaking engagements, media interviews, conferences, etc.
- Maintain calendar, coordinating requests for supervisor's time with that of internal staff, senior management, external groups and government agencies.
- Review and apply account numbers, investigate variances andwork with others to resolve discrepancies.
- Notify supervisor of any unresolved discrepancies.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail, telephone calls and interface with contacts.
- Determine the issue and priority of response.
- Re-route direct enquiries or communications as necessary to appropriate staff within the company.
- Assist in improving administrative efficiency and recommend various administrative procedures.
- Maintain tracking systems to ensure deadlines are met, i.e. scorecards
- Set up and maintain a local records centre for supervisor's use.
- Act as official records custodian for confidential and general files.
- Work with the Records Officer to establish and maintain retention schedules for storage/destruction of records.
- Prepare presentations and arrange for handouts, graphic displays, slides overheads, etc., as requested by the Supervisor.
- Within general context of job responsibilities, keep up to date on current topics or events impacting supervisor's office or the company, providing information as appropriate to other interested parties.
- Work with management team on on-boarding and off-boarding employees which includes but not limited to offer letters, space planning, telephone changes, and all office accommodation, etc.
- Provide backup for Planning Business Unit administrative support during periods of administrative absences.
- Provide effective support/guidance/advice to MCP, SOC and PWU staff on travel, HR, expenses and facility policies/procedures and general admin items.
- Assist staff with ordering special/non-standard office supplies, urgent couriers only, advice on catering for meetings.
- Assist the Records Officer with SharePoint maintenance, if and when needed
- Investment review meetings set up a schedule for Director to review all BCSs and IROVs that co-inside with the VPs schedule. Update meeting requests and material for these meetings and distribute. Get signatures for all up to the VP level. Forward BCSs and IROVs for VP Review meetings.
- Keep on top of updates and changes on policies/procedures that effect staff and notify them of these updates.
- H&S OPS Tracker and LMS Courses monitor that staff are completed their responsibilities every quarter and report to the manager of any backlog. Send out emails to managers on safety meetings, WSO deadlines, etc. on a regular basis for completion
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires experience to understand the specific and routine clerical processes relating to the administration of Directors work.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power point.
- Candidates with SAP, and SharePoint experience would be an asset.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of office practices, including operation of various standard office equipment.
- Requires knowledge of Hydro One web-sites for various policies and guidelines to assist completing and checking material / forms for accuracy, such as Corporate Charge Card policies; Human Resources policies.
- This knowledge is considered to be acquired either through the successful completion of Grade XII in a Secondary School or by having the equivalent level of education in other office related studies.
- Requires a high proficiency in English grammar to prepare concise and effective correspondence, reports, etc.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner within the department and with staff in other departments is essential.
- Highly dedicated to team success and committed to tight deadlines in a changing environment.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Hydro One is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview and require special accommodations please speak with the hiring manager.
Deadline: September 19, 2017
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 87946847 toronto