Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 2:44 PM
Requisition ID: 4271
Branch / Department:
ITECH Governance and Supplier Management
Employee Referral Program : Potential Reward:1,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
System Administrator for the ALDON Community Manager Ticketing system, which currently host multiple ITSM related workspaces including Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Log Management and several Operational Helpdesk workspaces for Shared Services.
Responsible for planning and executing DBR activities related to the environment and scheduled upgrades keeping us within one release level behind the updates from the vendor.
Role involves routine PCM activities assessing the health of the environment and proactively addressing environment related issues to ensure maximum system availability of the application.
Required to work as a member of the Change Control Team as primary custodians for all code to be delivered to QAT and Production
The incumbent also provides a high level of professional service to customers (both internal and external) consistent with ScotiaService standards and procedures.
1.Resolution and Prevention of Problems :: Presented with system level and application problems on mission critical systems requiring same day resolution. Often, resolution determination requires interaction with service vendors. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and delivering procedures to protect production environments from unplanned outages.
2. Provide Technical Assistance to Users :: Implements practical manual or automated procedures to solve complex problems. With supervision prepares detailed specifications for programs, analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties, works on all phases of the technical system design.
3. Systems Administration and New Projects :: Perform system administration tasks associated with environment of specialisation. Provide training on specific environment to Operations, Network and Development Departments as required. New projects could include such projects as central back up for applications and databases, application monitoring tools or high:speed restoration software.
4. Control Access, Ensure Security and Contingency Planning :: Ongoing customisation and maintenance of system access facilities to ensure/enforce strict security policies of financial environment. Implement and test contingency plans for various hardware and software components.
5. System Monitoring and Updates :: During the course of the year, systems are monitored and statistical information regarding resource usage is compiled. Assists in preparing recommendations that will be put forward to management for capacity planning and system upgrades where resource constraints are identified.
6. User Group Involvement :: Participate in user groups to gain information on other users' project successes and/or failures. Required to keep up to date with technological breakthroughs and trends in field of specialisation.
This position requires the following knowledge:
o Thorough knowledge of bank processes;
o Working knowledge of the Banks business units (including products);
o Working knowledge of bank technology;
o Working knowledge of Bank accounting;
o Thorough knowledge of Bank controls;
o Thorough degree of writing skills;
o Thorough degree of communication skills;
o Thorough knowledge of project planning;
o Thorough knowledge of computer based, productivity tools (extensive use of MS Excel formulas and trims).
This position requires the following skills and experience:
- Requires a minimum of two years of job related experience and possess problem solvi
• Location: Toronto
• Post ID: 85153853 toronto