At Rogers were for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether youre a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Sr. Finance Manager - Inventory Accounting
Reports to: Senior Director Controller,Wireless - Cable
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory accounting and analysis of related transactions.
- Responsible for consumer premise capital equipment accounting, analysis and stewardship.
- Ensure the successful implementation of IFRS 15 accounting.
- Lead and supervise two managers and their teams.
- Ensure all general ledger journal entries posted accurately and on a timely basis for month end close.
- Ensure Cable, Wireless, and RBS account reconciliations are accurate and ensure any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Lead inventory policy review and maintenance for Communications group.
- Ensure all Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls for inventory are operating effectively, including drafting of new controls as required.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors on quarterly reviews and year-end audits, as necessary.
- Lead for inventory special projects as directed, working closely with Finance Operations to ensure proper accounting performed.
- New business initiatives: ensure new initiatives are captured properly for accounting purposes.
- Unusual and/or complex transactions: assess/research the appropriate accounting treatment and determine the impact on the financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- System implementations: ensure new systems accommodate accurate accounting, appropriate controls and reporting.
- Ad hoc requests as required.
- CPA with 5 to 10 years progressive experience in an industry accounting environment with experience managing direct reports.
- Inventory and fixed asset accounting experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle e-biz, inventory and billing systems, as well as an understanding of how different systems work together.
- Hands on ERP experience, preferably Oracle; including inventory, capital assets and billing systems.
- Ability to summarize / analysis large volumes of data and provide clear, concise information/presentations for senior management using strong knowledge of excel, access, SAS & SQL.
- Excellent communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to present to different audiences and resolve issues to standards required by senior management and/or auditors.
- Ability to lead and develop an effective team.
- Manage and organize multiple work activities in order to meet established deadlines and priorities.
- Understanding of Wireless and Cable inventory processes in sufficient depth to assess adequacy of financial reporting and operational transactions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Driven, customer focused, and team and results oriented individual that is organized with strong attention to detail and able to produce high quality work under pressure and in a timely fashion.
- Strong computer skills, including spreadsheet.
- Able to commit to increased work volume on periodic basis.
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 84417893 toronto