Senior Project Leader Development (Online and Batch Integration Solutions) - (scarborough, ontario)
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 2:55 AM
Requisition ID: 4398
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Integration Services Maintenance team is responsible for supporting online and batch integration solutions for a variety of business lines and systems along with branch client software.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Senior Project Leader Development would be assigned to lead on projects and support activities and should be highly motivated and results:oriented with strong project management and change leadership skills.
In addition, the Senior Project Leader Development should be effective in process improvement and would provide the department with project management leadership by continually improving processes to generate efficiencies across the department.
Managing the execution of day:to:day project and support work in order to meet expectations within approved time, cost, quality and scope by:
1. Establishing project (application) objectives and milestones.
2. Creating overall project and support plans (proficient using Microsoft Office products including MS Project).
3. Managing project resources and assigning tasks as well as monitoring efforts and results against plan.
4. Preparing project status reports.
5. Risk planning and management, escalating appropriately cost, quality, time and scope issues and risks.
6. Vendor management.
7. Involvement in RFS (Request for Services) and CRF (Change Request Form) processes.
8. Ensuring all project documentation is created and regularly updated.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills.
- Must possess the demonstrated ability to effectively assign tasks, liaise with business users, members of project team, technology partners and internal technical development and support teams.
- Must possess effective time management and organization skills with the ability to use diplomacy, judgement, negotiation and persuasion to secure agreement and co:operation.
- Must have the ability to lead multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Must have good decision making skills and sound judgement.
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment : deal with aggressive schedules and changing priorities.
The following skills are desirable:
- Good knowledge of retail banking products and services.
- Understanding of current IT practices and systems development techniques.
- Experience leading projects using new technologies.
- Experience with data integration, file transfers and migration projects.
- Post:secondary education in a computer science, math or engineering related discipline.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
• Location: Toronto
• Post ID: 90720862 toronto