Requisition ID: 6245
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Sr. Manager, Executive Compensation is responsible for researching, analyzing and developing financial perspectives on executive compensation programs that are consistent with the goals and strategies of the Bank and in line with the Bank's Total Rewards principles, regulatory and governance considerations. Leads the financial analysis of executive compensation programs. Provides advice, counsel and subject matter expertise from a finance and capital markets perspective on executive compensation issues. Manages projects independently or assists the Director with activities related to larger or more complex projects. Provides subject matter expertise to HR Relationship Management and senior management.
- Provides financial advice and counsel on executive compensation issues to support informed and effective decision-making. Provides comprehensive financial review, analysis and evaluation of executive compensation programs, including designing and developing models to test pay-for-performance alignment, total shareholder return, realized and realizable pay, and estimates of projected cost impacts of potential program designs. Incumbent must possess the ability to relate financial data to business results and identify issues and trends. Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and provide forward-thinking recommendations.
- Provides expertise and develops processes to manage accruals, forecasts and modelling of program expenditures, liaising with partners in Finance and other departments, as needed. Leads analytics and reporting activities within the team, ensuring data accuracy. Supports the annual compensation planning cycle through the reconciliation of total spend and identifying year-over-year trends and variances. Recommends and implements new controls and processes to support the activities of the department.
- Leads or participates in compensation projects from planning and designing through to communicating and implementing which may include:
- Managing internal and external stakeholders and building support
- Developing project charters and plans outlining project goals, costs, project milestones and deliverables
- Overseeing or conducting analysis and modelling
- Leading project teams, monitoring progress and presenting recommendations for action
- Conducting costing/modelling analyses of existing and recommended programs
- Develops and maintains external/internal network and awareness of market/industry trends with respect to both Canadian and international compensation matters.
- Prepares communication materials that may include presentations to senior management and the Board of Directors which effectively summarize the issues presented for discussion.
- 8-10 years of financial experience including strong understanding of analysis of programs
- Strong analytical skills and financial background; degree in finance or accounting designation preferred; CFA designation is a strong asset
- Solid understanding of financial accounting standards and management accounting
- Solid understanding of capital markets and the shareholder perspective
- Proven quantitative and financial analytical skills and business acumen
- Leadership skills and stewardship capabilities in a complex and changing environment
- Ability to understand drivers, analyze data, apply results to abstract problems and influence and work with key stakeholders at all levels
- Well-developed communication skills oral and written, including the ability to articulate findings/analysis and present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of the Banks Total Rewards principles, policies and programs, disclosure, regulatory and governance requirements
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High degree of initiative and sound judgment, operating with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and project management skills
- A high level of financial expertise/acumen
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seam
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 84881278 toronto