At Rogers were for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether youre a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Senior Financial Analyst, Fixed Assets
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, PAG and Fixed Assets, the Senior Financial Analyst, Fixed Assets will be:
- Responsible for the setup of new asset books, asset categories and for the accuracy of depreciation and amortization rates.
- Reconcile monthly depreciation and amortization for Rogers group of companies between the sub-ledger and the General Ledger
- Review all expenditures for Customer Premise Equipment and regular projects ensuring appropriate expenditures are capitalized accurately and on a timely basis.
- Run and review depreciation and amortization for accuracy and completeness, ensuring variances are minimal and any material variances are explained.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis for depreciation and amortization actual VS budget and forecast
- Prepare and review budget and forecasts for depreciation and amortization expense, capitalized borrowing and related variance analysis.
- Prepare all reconciliations for fixed assets such as continuity reconciliation, gain and loss and ARO
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with all stakeholders including controllers group, operational finance and internal and external auditors
- Prepare the calculation for the asset retirement obligations
- Review all asset disposal forms for accuracy and proper authorization, upload retirements into Oracle
- Ad-hoc analysis for depreciation such as accelerating depreciation
- Prepare and reconcile reports for the tax department such as addition report by tax class code
- Close fixed asset books within 1 working day, ensure all transactions are transferred to the general ledger and entries are posted.
- Responsible for SOX compliance for Fixed Assets.
- 3-5 years of experience in finance;
- Bachelor degree in Business, and accounting designation CPA is an asset;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled withattention to detail;
- Strong skills in MS Office applications and proficient in Excel;
- Knowledge of Oracle Fixed Assets and Project modules is an asset;
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and objectives;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with strong presentation skills;
- Sound interpersonal skills and ease with communicating with various levels in the organization
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 85393978 toronto