Requisition ID: 6678
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
This is a position requiring expert technical knowledge and skillsets in the audit of cloud computing , web and mobile banking applications. The incumbent is also expected to be familiar with risks and controls associated with software development lifecycle, release management processes and also elements related to cyber security, cloud computing, outsourced IT services and some technical infrastructure. This position which reports to the Director, Audit Web Technology & Projects, will be required to work as part of a team that audits digital technology. It also requires strong skillsets around people management and the ability to motivate and infuence staff and the Auditee. Apart from the technical skills noted above, the incumbent should be proficient at applying risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies and regulatory guidelines to the performance and review of audits.
The objective of this position is to fulfill a Senior Manager role within a team of professional IT auditors to assess the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls relating to cloud computing, web and mobile banking and can audit projects using the agile methodology supporting the businesses of the Bank. The key constituent groups who provide this support to the business lines are the IT and Digital Banking groups. A significant portion of the accountabilities will relate to providing assurance over the following Bank's processes:
- The IT business processes supporting business objectives and maintaining the safety and soundness of the Bank;
- The application systems used for authentication, transaction processing, decision making and electronic delivery of products or services;
- Data that is entered and stored on behalf of the Bank and its customers;
- Platforms employed to process the bank's applications and data;
- Networks used to transmit data, voice and images between processing locations; and
- Third party service providers.
The incumbent will provide high quality, value-added advisory services to line management as part of audits or on special projects / assignments and act as Officer in Charge (OIC) or team members for these audits and ensure Audit department standards are met on all assignments.
1. Engagement Planning
- Provide input on the planning of audits or assigned areas of low to medium complexity ensuring scope and extent of work is in accordance with the approved plan, timing and budget are reasonable, procedures are efficient, appropriate resources are assigned and risk understood.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned projects.
- Identify emerging issues that may impact the audit plan.
2. Audit Execution
- Execute and manage assigned activities independently in accordance with the Department Standards ensuring the nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the audit opinion.
- Follow the department's approved audit methodology on engagements.
- Determine the efficiency, effectiveness, integrity and reliability of internal controls in relation to defined control requirements by conducting the audit of assigned processes/units/projects.
3. Problem Identification
- Ensure facts are gathered and their full meaning is established; determine the root cause of the problem and provide practical recommendations as to how they can be mitigated.
- Summarize issues in a draft audit report for review by the Director/VP on a timely basis.
- Present findings to senior Audit staff (OIC and Principal) and occasionally assist in audit closing meetings; follow-up for corrective action/progress against reported issues in the Audit Issues Tracking Database on a quarterly basis and escalate when necessary.
5. Special Projects
- As directed by management, carry out specific projects or investigations.
The incumbent must possess a combination of the following items:
- Strong IT Audit (internal or external) experience, preferably in a financial institution setting, or direct experience in a relevant IT environment. Expert knowledge and skill sets in the audit of digital technology in particular web and mobile, cloud computing and controls of applications supporting the digital bank.
- Conversant with web technologies and frameworks, outsourced IT services, cyber security and cloud computing, gained through a combination of advanced education and work experience in a technical capacity. Knowledge on Agile principles and possess the flexibility to adapt to new and evolving environ
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 85513898 toronto