Requisition ID: 6928
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Manager, Risk Analytics contributes to the management of credit risk for non-prime indirect automotive lending. He/she assists in designing strategies that optimize key metrics (approval rate, booking rate, delinquency, write offs, risk-adjusted return), identifying opportunities, while aligning to the Bank's objectives and risk appetite.
This position requires technical expertise including experience with analytics tools like SQL, Angoss KnowledgeSEEKER, Hive, SAS, R, Python, Tableau, risk technologies and scoring to enable the automation and optimization of strategies, policies and business rules. A deep understanding of credit bureau information and key drivers of portfolio P&L is also crucial in providing strategy recommendations.
In addition, the incumbent exercises analytical skills that contribute toward increasing the understanding of customer early behaviour, the correlation between product features and applicant characteristics, etc. The role requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including good presentation skills and the ability to effectively deliver messages by adapting communication and material to varied audiences.
The position involves working closely with Automotive Finance, Global Risk Manangement (GRM), cross-functional teams in addition to business line departments to define best-practices and achieve balanced growth in a Risk/Reward framework.
1) Perform strategic analysis and reporting to increase automated decisions and optimize risk-adjusted profit by:
- Researching, identifying and utilizing statistically-based methods for assessing, managing and optimizing risk strategies.
- Identifying opportunities to optimize approval and booking rates, initial and current limits, cure rates, etc.
- Conducting ongoing analysis and review of current processes/procedures while constantly looking to improve strategy and operational efficiencies.
- Designing new and refine existing metrics, as appropriate, to better track the portfolio performance.
2) Partner with the Senior Manager, Strategic Analytics and Director in the production of risk strategies for origination and portfolio management by:
- Reviewing originations, portfolio management and collections reports, raising concerns and opportunities to management.
- Providing input into the design and development of new procedures and tools to address trends and risk strategies.
- Researching, testing, recommending and implementing the latest analytical techniques to analyze data, where appropriate.
- Providing recommendations to the Director and Senior Manager, Strategic Analytics regarding variable selection, score cut-offs, etc.
- Identifying, promoting and leading opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of originations and portfolio management procedures including streamlining, automating and standardization.
- Preparing written strategy recommendations/business cases to present to executive and stakeholders, including the business line.
- Provide financial insights and analysis that will identify origination, delinquency and provision trends and inform revenue enhancement and loss mitigation decisions.
- Support the development of both risk and financial frameworks to further enhance the profitability and prudent credit risk exposure for the non-prime automotive portfolio and align with key GRM risk appetite measures.
- Designing proper champion/challenger testing to ensure proper measurement of strategies.
3) Conduct comprehensive and timely statistical analysis and execution of ad hoc reporting requests, ensuring accuracy and timely responses for use in Senior Management and Executive decision-making by:
- Reviewing statistical analyses/trends and providing recommendations to address any issues identified.
- Identifying any data issues or concerns that could affect the integrity of any analysis used in the development of scores and strategies.
- Providing value-added insights and recommendations to the Director and Senior Manager Strategic Analytics.
4) Maintain a high level of individual performance, supports team performance and fosters a commitment and accountibility by:
- Actively improving the teams analytical capabilities through the use of new techniques and knowledge sharing.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of existing strategies and methodology.
- Keeping up-to-date on best practices in risk management analytical methodologies.
- Adhering to regulatory and Internal Bank guidelines as required and maintaining awareness throughout the year.
- Ensuring the completion of all mandatory Bank Courses as required via My Learning Centre.
- Reviewing internal processes, work
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 86521907 toronto