Requisition ID: 4309
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job
The role of Manager, Risk Appetite is responsible for producing the reporting required by Global Retail Risk Management. The incumbent will develop and maintain reporting and communication consistency among all of the areas and promote the creation of accepted and uniform standards relative to generic risk-based terms, definitions and financial reporting numbers.
As a member of the Portfolio Insights team, the Manager will work closely with various groups, including Finance, GRM's Origination and Strategies, and Country Risk teams to understand their functions, requirements, and/or risk management strategies, while working closely with the Analytics team to continue leveraging the capability to enhance the report delivery process.
- Support the development of both risk and financial frameworks to further enhance the profitability and prudent credit risk exposure across International and Canadian Retail portfolios and align with key GRM risk appetite measures
- Provide financial insights and analysis that will identify origination, delinquency and provision trends and inform revenue enhancement and loss mitigation decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in International and Canadian Banking to define best-practices on risk reporting and integration of financial and risk metrics
- Demonstrate strong business acumen in supporting the business lines with risk proposals to implement new origination strategies and retail risk solutions
- The role requires a good understanding of accounting, retail risk management, superior analytical and story telling skills. In addition, the role requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including good presentation skills and the ability to effectively deliver messages by adapting communication messages and material to varied audiences. The role also requires strong technical knowledge in SAS, SQL and Excel VBA programming or other statistical analysis tools, (Python, R, Tableau) and a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Finally, the successful candidate will demonstrate a strong drive for results, be able to embrace and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment and possess a strong work ethic.
- University Udergraduate degree in computer science, business, economics, mathematics or engineering.
- University Post graduate MBA, MMA, MFin or Statistics degree an asset.
- Financial industry designations would be an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 86521952 toronto