Requisition ID: 7622
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Senior Manager the Manager contributes to the overall success of Financial Intelligence Unit ensuring that specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the teams business strategies and objectives. The Manager leads and oversees one of the FIU Teams in Canada ensuring that our global transaction system alerts are actioned within the standard time frames.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Oversees the day to day operations of the FIU designated team of AML/ATF Analysts, providing coaching and direction on the handling of alerts generated by the system while facilitating Analysts development and ensuring succession planning for the team is up to date.
- Provide direction to the analysts in the investigation and disposition of cases generated by the Automated Transaction Monitoring System, received as Unusual Transaction Reports from branches or as Referrals from other units including Regional FIUs, Fraud, Corporate Security and others.
- Ensure that case records and related documentation are prepared in accordance with regulatory requirements and department standards
- Review risk assessment analysis reports and case memoranda.
- Review and approve the analyses prepared to file Suspicious Transaction Reports with the Financial Transaction and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC).
- Provide case specific AML guidance to business units including specific direction on appropriate escalation procedures to mitigate risk associated with money laundering or terrorist financing
- Identify opportunities for process and system improvements and take a leading role in the implementation process.
- Ensure effective and efficient operations of your respective area, while ensuring the adequacy of, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, regulatory, compliance and AML/ATF risk as outlined in the following enterprise-wide (EW) policies: EW AML & ATF and Sanctions Handbook, EW AML & ATF Policy, EW AML & ATF Risk Assessment Methodology, EW KYC Policy, EW AML/ATF CRR Methodology, EW Transaction Monitoring and STR Policy and the Code of Conduct.
- Champion a high performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates the team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values and strategy.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies:
- Operational experience in a leadership role is required.
- Proven communication skills, written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Canadian and International regulatory statues and other reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of AML and KYC procedures
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Proven leadership skills and keen ability to influence others.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel and Power Point) and expertise performing open source inquiries via the Internet
- Previous experience in AML an asset or proven knowledge and understanding of the Bank's AML policies and procedures
Education and Other Requirements:
- A University degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline is required.
- ACAMS or CFCS designation an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 87163892 toronto