Requisition ID: 6018
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
The Manager, Financial & Business Analysis, within iTRADEs Product & Digital Strategy team is responsible for supporting business analysis, financial modelling, pricing/fee assessments, and cost-revenue / benefit decisions for iTRADE technology projects and new product business cases.
Working closely with Product Owners and Project Managers, the incumbent will model, evaluate, and influence solutions for new business opportunities, enhanced product features, functionality and tools, and vendor/partnerships that align with Scotia iTRADEs strategic objectives. He/she leverages client insights, market research, and competitive benchmarks to identify longer term opportunities for revenue, cost-savings, asset growth, and client acquisition and cross-sell.
The Manager, Financial & Business Analysis, works closely with iTRADEs Finance team to review and evaluate pricing and fee models of new and existing products and services to ensure they are competitively positioned and profitability is maximized.
He/she also assists with developing product and platform level KPIs and financial targets, assists with planning, tracking and reporting in collaboration with iTRADEs Finance and Client Insights (analytics) teams. The incumbent plays a role in supporting the Business Case funding and planning process and decision making, as well as with reviewing vendor contracts.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Evaluate business opportunities by developing financial models that analyze potential impact on the business, both the Income Statement and Balance Sheet, based on key performance metrics, major risks, market research, and internal and external benchmarks and trends.
- Effectively manipulate and calculate client and financial data, extract main findings and business insights, and present/ communicate to stakeholders and management to support efficient and transparent decision-making.
- Design, develop and maintain pricing models to assess product and service initiatives to understand and monitor impact on client behaviour, revenue, and cost-recovery.
- Apply analytical techniques in response to key business questions (e.g. stress testing, cannibalization, behavioural analysis, regressive and parallel analysis) and support business planning.
- Work with Digital Strategy team to research industry, competitive landscape, and vendor offerings for future product-pricing recommendations. Produce business cases to support strategic recommendations.
- Recommend KPIs and product acquisition/adoption/retention goals for Digital products, channels, platforms and projects. Review progress against goals and establish recommendations to close any gaps.
- Stay abreast of and enhance knowledge of Fintech and direct investing business strategies, product offerings, business processes and rapidly changing technology to be able to develop effective business solutions.
- Identify and evaluate new product opportunities (features, functionality, tools & content) and digital strategies that enhance the client experience and support business objectives and prepare supporting business cases and business plans.
- Resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs by applying financial analysis and business knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions.
- Work with internal partners and stakeholders from across the organization to ensure the success of the digital product and program offerings. The Manager works collaboratively with Product Managers, as well as colleagues in Marketing, Client Insights & Analytics, U/X & Design, Channel Usage Analyst, Sales and Service, and technology/technical resources to create financial models that align with the product strategy.
- Work with teams to develop plans to enhance channel and product usage, experience, and customer satisfaction; manage enhancements to improve risk controls.
- 12. Contribute in the development of a robust analytical infrastructure including databases, segmentation and modelling.
- Bachelors degree in a Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- In-depth knowledge, skill and experience with financial modelling and business analysis, along with excellent business acumen, strategic thinking and planning skills. Ability to think strategically while working tactically.
- Strong knowledge and interest in technology, e-commerce, and digital trends, and a general understanding of the financial services industry and Fintech space.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 84417863 toronto