Requisition ID: 6375
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Manager takes initiatives to evaluate and improve the IFRS 9 Expected Credit Loss (ECL) models and Provision for Credit Loss (PCL) measures.This role primarily involves coding work around the ECL calculator as well as working with different stakeholders to determine new and changing requirements.There is also work associated to validating and analyzing the metrics produced and the cause for the changes.
- Improve upon the ECL calculator (the structure and script using SQL and Python)
- Work with the Information Technology & Support (IT&S) team to implement and improve ECL methodology in the production environment and ensure seamless production process each quarter.
- Work with IT&S for automation inthe IFRS 9 parallel year, production and strategic states. This includes reporting automation, data flow infrastructure and security controls
- Work with key stakeholders in developing the IFRS 9 end-to-end process, which includes project planning, data reconciliation, model implementation, control process, governance and reporting.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholderssuch asInternal Ratings Management, Enterprise Stress Testing, Information Technology & Systems (IT&S) business lines, and Enterprise Risk Management for methodology improvement to ECL and capital. Apply specialized knowledge of Expected credit loss methodology, in ECL analytics and implementation. Assist the internal and external ECL reporting and disclosure.
- Ensure compliance with relevant internal policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Manage timely resolution of audit and regulatory issues.
EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE/ DESIGNATIONS:
- Masters degree in Math, Finance, Physics, or other quantitative areas is required
- 3 years of relevant work experience (compensation will be corresponding to experience) is preferred
- Knowledge in regulatory capital requirements, credit product knowledge and capital modeling.
- Comfort and experience working in a project context and juggling multiple competing priorities
- Strong skills in statistical analysis
- Strong programming skills in SQL, VBA, Matlab and/or SAS.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to work under tight timelines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and proven problem solving skills.
The incumbent works in a standard office environment under occasionally stressful conditions. Due to the complexity of measurements and models, problems arise frequently which the incumbent must resolve within tight deadlines.
The incumbent uses a PC or workstation for a substantial part of the day and uses sight extensively.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
ALL POSTINGS IN (e-mail removed) WILL REMAIN LIVE FOR A MINIMUM OF 5 DAYS.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 85393398 toronto