Requisition ID: 6613
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job
- Maintain and update accounting data to ensure all items are properly reconciled against records
- Responsible for calculating daily Net Asset Value of the assigned Mutual Funds/Pools/ Classes in a timely andaccurate manner
- Prepare tax distribution reporting and financial reporting on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis
- Proficiency in calculating Net Asset Value per share on a daily basis of the assigned funds
- Reconcile general ledgers to subsidiary ledgers and escalate to Senior Fund Accountants/Assistant Manager for outages
- Review and process transactions related to dividends, interest, corporate actions and trades instructed bytraders/portfolio managers
- Reconcile bank statements on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis and communicate cash/trade/position outages with internal and external parties; resolve outstanding fund accounting issues in a timely manner
- Review tolerance threshold breaks as outlined in the department policy and communicate any issues to Senior Fund Accountants/Assistant Manager for assistance.
- Participate in problem solving sessions to identify problems and solutions
- Assist in the preparation of audit reports, financial statements and tax distribution calculation
- Complete ad-hoc requests as assigned by the Assistant Manager.
- Detail and result oriented;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Client Service
- Risk Control
- Communication skills
- University degree in accounting and finance
- Working towards or completion in CSC certification is an asset
- Prior mutual fund related experience is an advantage
- CPA/CFA designation or active candidacy is an asset
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office, such as Outlook, Excel, Access and Word
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must be flexible and available to work extra hours when required;
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 85655643 toronto