Job Type:New Graduate
Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
Were always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further. To find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be so they can make an impact that matters.
We offer a truly differentiated Talent Experience that empowers our people withunlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloittes workplace of the future is a unique workspace that strengthens connections and inspires innovative ways of working providing our people with the tools to make an impact that matters.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. Its all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canadas leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada.At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of todays local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both todays and tomorrows challenges.
Even the best-managed ventures are vulnerable to external influences - thats where Deloittes Financial Advisory experts step in. As a member of our Financial Advisory team, youll help small start-ups to massive multinationals face business issues with informed confidence. Using your technical skills and leveraging our global network of experts, youll provide advice to companies in every industry, and in every situation. As a result, our clients will be better placed to take control and receive the best solutions to their complex challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte grows the worlds best leaders, so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster. The firm understands how people want to grow as individual leaders, and provide opportunities to advance leadership development capabilities.
Every transaction merger, acquisition, joint venture, disposition or strategic alliance has the potential to either unlock significant value or destroy it. With intense competition for deals, organizations need to move fast to realize their anticipated returns and leverage all potential synergies. To ensure success, they must also consider all aspects of a transaction, leaving nothing to chance.
With more than 150 dedicated M&A specialists across the country and nearly 3,000 dedicated specialists around the globe operating under one M&A umbrella, Deloitte delivers comprehensive financial advisory, tax and consulting services to both private equity investors and strategic corporate buyers. Our multi-disciplinary engagement teams leverage years of industry knowledge and in-house expertise to take into account all aspects of a deal from developing a workable strategy and conducting comprehensive due diligence through to execution and post-deal integration. With decades of wide-ranging experience, superior transaction execution skills and deep industry knowledge, we address the following key transactional stages in performing our advisory services:
- Transaction execution (due diligence, valuations, tax structuring, IT due diligence, accounting structure)
- Merger integration (planning and execution)
- Vendor due diligence and divestiture readiness assistance
- Corporate finance, capital raises and divestiture
About the Team - Deloitte Transaction Services
The M&A Transaction Services group is seeking to fill the Analyst position which is a critical role with respect to conducting financial due diligence and providing other forms of M&A transaction support to our clients.In addition, candidates will be expected to work as part of full service Deloitte diligence team, liaising and building relationships with financial advisors/investment banks, legal advisors, corporate lenders, investors and other stakeholders on an agreed scope of work.
As an Analyst, you will be required to:
- Have a proactive and analytical problem solving mind set
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Quickly develop an understanding of the target business and its drivers
- Perform interpretation and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, internal financial information, publicly available information on the target business
- Undertake preparation, review and analysis of historical trading, quality of earnings, cash flow, working capital, net debt, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
- Assist with the evaluation of potential synergies and post-merger integration considerations
- Report on potential key issues for our clients including identification of risk or price factors impacting investment decisions
- Review of sale and purchase agreements and financial model to reflect findings of the due diligence process
The objectives above will be achieved by:
- Working in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and interviewing key personnel
- Participating in client and Target presentations
- Liaising with client executives, lawyers and financial professionals as required
- Assisting with the identification of issues, defining symptoms and recommending mitigating factors and solutions
- Prioritizing your objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Must have a CPA/CAor be in process of qualifying
- Relevant work experience is an asset
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Ability to manage, analyze and present findings from large volumes of data
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Canadian travel required and occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
Only complete applications can be considered, please ensure to include the following:
- Please submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript in one PDF file 11:59pm EST on September 17th, 2017
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.'
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 86760297 toronto