Job Type:New Graduate
Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
Were always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further. To find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be so they can make an impact that matters.
We offer a truly differentiated Talent Experience that empowers our people withunlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloittes workplace of the future is a unique workspace that strengthens connections and inspires innovative ways of working providing our people with the tools to make an impact that matters.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. Its all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canadas leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada.At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of todays local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both todays and tomorrows challenges.
Even the best-managed ventures are vulnerable to external influences - thats where Deloittes Financial Advisory experts step in. As a member of our Financial Advisory team, youll help small start-ups to massive multinationals face business issues with informed confidence. Using your technical skills and leveraging our global network of experts, youll provide advice to companies in every industry, and in every situation. As a result, our clients will be better placed to take control and receive the best solutions to their complex challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte grows the worlds best leaders, so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster. The firm understands how people want to grow as individual leaders, and provide opportunities to advance leadership development capabilities.
A career in Financial Advisory will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical fields. You will have the opportunity to work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements developing solutions through debate and discussion within our teams and with our clients. Financial Advisory at Deloitte will allow you to continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path.
The Opportunity Infrastructure & Capital Projects:
Having advised on many of the worlds largest and most complex infrastructure and capital projects, we provide clients with the best advice on the challenges facing them today, as well as the vision to consider those yet to surface.
Optimizing the return and outcomes throughout the lifecycle of an asset takes a highly skilled and experienced team of specialists. Our Infrastructure & Capital Projects team offers an end-to-end service for investors, developers, and operators in both the public and private sectors across the entire lifecycle of an asset. Our work spans various asset classes including but not limited to Social Infrastructure, Transportation, Environmental, and Power and Utilities.
As an Analyst you will:
- Participate in brain-storming and creative thinking sessions to identify solutions for client challenges;
- Develop and review financial models (e.g., shadow-bid model) for estimating projects costs and identifying appropriate transaction structures;
- Draft information memoranda, business plans and presentation materials for clients;
- Conduct market research using publically available information for comparable transactions;
- Demonstrate an understanding of a projects sources and uses of funding and develop analysis to support client projects;
- Provide program management support to clients and project teams on large infrastructure initiatives; and
- Develop proposals and marketing materials as part of the groups business development efforts
What do you need to succeed?
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Interest in obtaining an accounting or finance designation (e.g., CPA, CFA, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence;
- Strong financial modeling skills and comfort undertaking complex quantitative analyses;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills particularly articulating messages using Microsoft tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, etc.);
- Ability to research independently and synthesize information and produce summaries;
- Possess high degree of attention to detail when accomplishing a task;
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests;
- Ability to take initiative and function independently, balanced with strong teaming skills;
- Must maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality output with a high degree of task ownership; and
- Ability to work well in a culturally diverse, team-orientated environment and independently
Previous experience related to Infrastructure in a public or private sector capacity will be considered an asset but not required. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments; Canadian travel is also required, with occasional international travel.
Whats in it for you?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual;
- Opportunity to do challenging work across infrastructure projects; and
- Leaders that support your development and working with world class experts in the field
Only complete applications can be considered, please ensure to include the following:
- Please submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript in one PDF file
- All applications must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on September 17th, 2017
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.'
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 86760302 toronto