At Rogers were for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether youre a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Reporting to the VP, Reporting, Accounting and Controls, the Manager, Policies and Special Projects will oversee policy development across Rogers and ensure policies are current. In addition, the Manager will be the finance prime on a number of key recurring projects that the controllers team is associated with as well as adhoc as required. This role has company-wide exposure and it will be necessary to engage with the executive level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Complete technical accounting assessments under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as transactions arise and standards evolve. Author accounting position papers in detail including qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Manage the updating of corporate policies under Policy Central to ensure all policies are current and in compliance with GEN 1
- Develop new corporate policies for new business initiatives and process changes within the Company
- Ensure updated policies are reviewed and approved by Executives in a timely manner
- Communicate policy changes through Yammer, Rogers zone articles, and updates to the Policy Central landing page
- Implement process improvements to ensure updates are performed in an efficient and timely manner and policies are concise and understandable
- Finance prime and liaison with the external auditors for the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report and Management Information Circular Report, including oversight of supporting documentation preparation and auditor review. It will also be necessary to review in advance updates to the CSR website providing feedback from a finance perspective
- Support the deployment of critical accounting standards changes, notably IFRS 16 Leases and IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers in the near term
- Partner with Human Resources to review and develop training content in support of the annual business code of conduct training
- Address specific audit committee requests such as the external auditor evaluation process, audit fee peer analysis, and review of the audit committee mandate
- Other ad hoc finance projects as required
- University business degree and a recognized accounting designation. CPA, CA is considered an asset.
- Strong financial background with 5+ years of progressive experience within finance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) for effective oversight of policies and disclosures, and for interaction with all levels of company management and personnel
- Experience with public disclosure requirements and the preparation of continuous disclosure documents
- High level of integrity and strong sense of personal ownership and accountability
- Ability to analyze processes and resolve problems
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, consistently meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results
- Adapts to fast-changing environment works well under pressure and has ability to act with urgency
- Customer focused and results oriented individual
- Strong technical skills
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal check.
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 86522722 toronto