Job Type:New Graduate
Primary Location:Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Vaughan
Passionate about security operations? We have an immediate opportunity for Consultants and Senior Consultants to join our team as part of the Security Operations Center (SOC) at the Cyber Intelligence Centre (CIC) in Vaughan, ON. The incumbent is self-motivated, energetic, driven for success, and results oriented.
As a member of Cyber Intelligence Centre, you will interact with clients both locally and globally to assist with managing their cyber risk profile. You should be comfortable managing timelines; be able to travel to (on occasion); following established methodologies; and creating clear and concise deliverables. Other responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Supporting the team on security/controls and risk management solution development and system integration
- Supporting the group in identifying risks and controls within business and IT processes for various initiatives
- Performing security related technical implementation based activities on systems implementation projects
- Assisting with the development of security strategies, policies and standards
- Researching and resolve complex issues and develop innovative solutions for clients
You havent figured it out, but you know that you have come to enjoy:
- Review security-related events, assessing risk and validity, and reporting of findings
- Analyze network traffic to assist in testing new signatures for production deployment to client environments
- Analyze additional log, forensic investigation procedures and protocols
- Demonstrate an understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
- Work closely with your team to exceed our client's expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects.
In return, youll get an exposure to a variety of different work activities in different industry sectors available in Deloittes Cyber Intelligence Centre portfolio of service offerings such as (but not limited to):
- Security Operations. Knowledge of current and evolving cyber security threats and trends, security technologies, security operations processes, incident management, professional services and the firm will help you to support delivery and execution of managed security services offered by Deloitte. Candidates interested in this role should possess strong security analytical and technical skills with a demonstrated interest in information security.
- Infrastructure Engineering. Knowledge of security devices, system administration, and incident response will help you to support delivery and execution of managed security services offered. The engineer will focus on the maturity and ensured resiliency of the backbone infrastructure systems, technologies and applications that enable the SOC. Candidates interested in this role should have an understanding of common technologies such as operating system platforms, database, web servers, firewalls and mobile devices.
- Managed Security Solutions. Knowledge of technical controls, service management, and professional services will help support delivery and execution of managed security services offered. The specialist will focus on service design, transition, and operation of the managed security solution offering. Candidates interested in this role should possess system troubleshooting experience in enterprise production IT environments, ability to understand IT risks and implications to the business, identify weaknesses and recommend solution.
- Security Reporting. Meet evolving stakeholder expectations by enhancing recurring operational and executive report deliverables to meet client requirements. Ensuring that the reports are precise and error-free and develop positive and professional relationships with other teams, who are involved in the development of the reports. Candidates interested in this role should be highly proficient in the use of MS Office, in particular PowerPoint and Excel. In addition, candidates should have excellent problem solving skills balanced by the judgment to raise issues and seek advice when required.
- Threat Intelligence Analytics. Pro-actively detect malicious behaviour using a unique blend of device threat intelligence feeds from multiple commercial and open source feeds and provide real-time monitoring of third party security feeds, forums, and mailing lists to gather information on vulnerabilities and exploits related to the client. Candidates interested in this role should have a deep interest in open source research, investigate and analytical problem solving skills, and have an understanding of current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security.
As a Consultant or Senior Consultant, you will be a key part of client engagement teams, with typical responsibilities including:
- Work in a collaborative team focused on delivering comprehensive solutions which include analyzing client issues, performing research, conducting workshops/interviews/walkthroughs, developing and communicating solutions, implementing process and technology solutions, etc.
- Develop business cases and strategic considerations for client initiatives
- Senior Consultants will communicate with senior clients, managing engagement budgets and coaching/mentoring junior staff
- Senior Consultants will contribute to the practice development activities including proposals, industry presentations, recruitment, training, roundtables and publications
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Graduating with an Undergraduate or Graduate in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Security or related field
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience to be considered at the Senior Consultant level
- The ability to work independently as part of solution teams
- Proven creativity, the ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Leadership and initiative, in and out of the work environment
- Strong research skills
- Understanding of networking devices and their capabilities along with general IP protocol knowledge
- Understanding of the operating system platforms such as UNIX and Windows
- Understanding of common technologies such as databases, web servers, firewalls and mobile devices
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Ability to obtain Government of Canada Secret level security clearance is mandatory
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or curiosity with security or privacy enhancing technologies
- Security analytics (including predicative analytics, quantitative and statistical analysis as it relates to IT Security)
- Knowledge a development language such as Java or .NET and concepts such as Waterfall and Agile Development Lifecycle
- Knowledgeable of SIEM based solutions
Only complete applications can be considered, please ensure to include the following:
- Please submit your cover letter,resume and unofficial transcript in one pdf file
- Please ensure that institution information in your Deloitte profile is accurate and up-to-date
- All applications must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on the deadline date
Application Deadline: September 17, 2017
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
Were always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further. To find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be so they can make an impact that matters.
We offer a truly differentiated Talent Experience that empowers our people withunlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloittes workplace of the future is a unique workspace that strengthens connections and inspires innovative ways of working providing our people with the tools to make an impact that matters.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. Its all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canadas leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada.At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of todays local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both todays and tomorrows challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 85655953 toronto