Requisition ID: 6218
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a senior member of the team, this Associate Director will have responsibility for managing and advising on all client tax requirements to ensure compliance with tax regulations including but not limited to FATCA, Common Reporting Standards, Qualified Intermediary, Withholding Foreign Partnerships & Withholding Foreign Trust related to Global Banking & Markets (GBM) clients. This position serves as an advisor and also to document and maintain procedures and processes for ensuring compliance with tax requirements related to onboarding GBM clients. This position will also serve as a member of the tax advisory group within GBM.
Manage the day-to-day interactions with onboarding specialists related to tax requirements and process.
Ensure compliance with current and future tax requirements for GBM clients onboarded.
Write Tax classification and training procedures.
Handle the ongoing compliance with tax requirements affecting GBM Onboarding for GBM business lines.
Conduct tax analysis on clients including any corporate changes to client data
FATCA and Common Reporting Standards compliance withholding and reporting for onboarding requirements.
Extensive knowledge of tax laws to support training and development related to tax regulations.
- Number of employees: N/A
- Countries/business units supported: Capital Markets, Corporate/Investment Banking, and GTB/GBM-related businesses on a global-basis
- Annual project costs: TBD
- Number of projects: TBD
- Number of systems: Two (2), including Broadridge, TMS tax systems
- Regulatory bodies: Including but not limited to OSFI, FINTRAC, CRA
Education/Experience/ Other Information:
- 5 to 7 years of experience with strong knowledge of tax rules and regulations such as FATCA, Common Reporting Standards, withholding tax requirements. Familiarity with Form W-9, all Forms W-8, 1099, and 1042S tax forms.
- Knowledge of Broadridge and TMS tax systems.
- Experience with regulatory audits and reporting.
- Ability to convey tax rules, regulations, and processes to Onboarding Operations and the Business lines.
- Ability to manage staff, ensuring all processes are being done in a timely and accurate manner.Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of US and Canadian tax laws to support the FATCA and Common Reporting Standards in gathering requirements for regulatory compliance for the GBM business.
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
- The Incumbent is required to sit at a desk continuously; however, there is opportunity for movement.
- Concentrated use of visual attention is required when reviewing agreements. Some eye strain is possible due to this and the use of a PC.
- Extreme stress is derived from pressure to meet deadlines as well as pressure from senior management to finalize issues.
- Constant interruptions create difficulties when frequent complex analysis is required. Uncertain deadlines, the lack of control over the pace of decision-making by other Bank departments and some external counterparties at times can create frustration and delays.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canadas International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 84741338 toronto