|Number of positions:||2.0|
|Town/City:||Toronto, Ontario (CA-ON)|
|Business Unit:||CRP FIN&RGAF|
|Department:||BUS PLN SUP|
|Duration of assignment:||12-18 months|
Reporting to the Manager, Cost Accounting & Reporting, accountabilities include:
- Provide advice, guidance, recommendations and direction to line and clerical staff regarding all manner of financial issues.
- Review cost control and financial reporting procedures, assess their effectiveness and recommend changes or improvements as necessary.
- Conduct or co-ordinate special studies, costing reviews and process initiatives.
- Utilize existing financial and management systems to gather and consolidate information to produce a variety of business information such as management reports, business plan, staff plan, cost trends, performance reports, monthly cost reports and dashboard reports.
- Co-ordinate, assemble and prepare data.
- Analyze data to ensure consistency with corporate assumptions and strategies.
- Provide advice, guidance, recommendations and assistance to line staff and management regarding all manner of financial issues.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of the business plans and budgets, gathering departmental data and assessing and accumulating information into appropriate formats.
- Review submitted plans and budgets for accuracy and ensure consistency of budgets with approved Business Plans.
- Report, analyze and explain budget and forecast variances.
- Provide business support to corporate departments in support of vertical cost reporting.
- Prepare all relevant documentation in support of information presented to the government.
- Participate in the preparation of evidence and development of briefing materials, responses to interrogatories, transcripts and undertakings in support of Regulatory filings and requirements.
- Review, revise and coordinate reporting systems with a view to assessing their impact to ensure these systems reflect corporate needs.
- Gather all pertinent data, evaluate and submit recommendations and/or findings to supervisor for consideration.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in task forces, special studies and initiatives as assigned.
- Provide advice, guidance, recommendations and assistance to line staff and management in assessing programs and projects, reporting, staff and organization plans, cost benefit analysis, and cost allocation.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires knowledge of business/financial planning and cost accounting principles, financial analytical techniques and computer applications to develop, implement and maintain financial control systems.
- Requires strong communication skills, verbal and written to effectively interact with internal and external contacts.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four year university education in business administration or commerce with an accounting or finance major plus one year further concentrated study and a recognized accounting designation (CPA, CGA/CMA/CA).
- Requires experience in preparing and delivering financial presentations to customers (internal or external) and management.
- Requires experience to be familiar with the regulated utility business.
- Requires experience to be familiar with US GAAP and its application to IT/Software .
- Requires experience with computers and applications to develop and apply information systems and use information from systems within the business unit.
- Experience in SAP is required, in particular FI/CO modules and Project Systems
- Experience in using and developing BI/BW reporting would be beneficial
- Experience in a Project Management environment would be beneficial.
- A period of over 4 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Hydro One is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview and require special accommodations please speak with the hiring manager.
Deadline: September 22, 2017
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 84881363 toronto